Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Stateside

Whew, has it been 4 months already? This semester has flown by. I apologize for not keeping this blog updated during most of the semester. It was my intention, but I didn't realize how exhaustingly busy I would be. I didn't even have time to process my trips in my own mind, let alone write it down and post it. So, as I slowly complete this process now in the States, you all will hear about it here! :)

I learned many things while I was abroad. Too many to count, in fact. I've seen so many places, met so many people, and been taught so many things that have all changed my life for the better. I fell even deeper in love with the Catholic faith- with the Church, with Scripture, with the Pope, and with the little ways God calls us on to holiness every day. I've opened up to the Holy Spirit in new and powerful ways, and have a whole new outlook on my prayer life. In short, my soul has come alive. Just like the hills ;)

I learned a lot of practical things too while traveling. Like, how to fall asleep on an airport bench and a train seat. How a human can survive on just bread, Nutella, and water for 3 days and not die. How McDonalds is the best place to sleep in an airport because they have couches. How the best thing to do after sleeping in an airport is to go to the duty free shop selling perfume and spray yourself with a sample... it makes both you and everyone around you feel better!

But, the most important thing I learned out of all of this is that Jesus Christ present in the Eucharist is infinitely times greater than any place I visited. I may have had these awesome experiences, but we can receive Jesus, the King of the Universe, into our bodies every day at Mass. That's greater than anything else in this world, and doesn't require a plane ticket! So rejoice, because He is our King :)

No comments:

Post a Comment